by Flint Adam, Nolensville resident & Realtor®
Monday, February 2, 2015
Hopefully you are rebounding from Super Bowl mania. What a finish, too! I thought Seattle was going to pull another rabbit out of its hat, but New England caught a big break in the end. It was a great game, though, and a far cry better than last year’s obliteration of Denver.
I also celebrated a birthday on January 31st. I want to give a shout out to Nolen’s Place for hosting what was one of my best birthday parties EVER! The restaurant went above and beyond, the staff was great, and the experience an absolute blast. That’s one of the reasons I love this town so much – the community really takes care of its own.
So… REAL ESTATE! It’s always happening, folks. 2014 was a bang-up year for Nolensville residential sales. I’m optimistic 2015 will keep that train going, but January’s preliminary results already put us a little behind last year’s pace.
My usual disclaimer: the following numbers come from Williamson County sales data available to Realtors® via the Middle Tennessee Multiple Listing Service. These figures are preliminary, and the Williamson County Association of Realtors will have the final tally in just a few days. Until then, here is what I’ve found:
- January 2015 Nolensville residential sales took a big dip from December’s 47 (a 2014 monthly high – click here for recap), slipping to just 21 closings.
- 21 is the lowest monthly closing total since 16 homes sold in January 2013. The next lowest is the 22 homes sold in February 2013.
- Bent Creek again led the way with 4 sales, just edging out Winterset Woods and Silver Stream with 3 sales each.
- Sales prices ranged from $235,000 to $710,000.
- The average sales price was $377,617… down from $390,569 in December.
- The average sales price per square foot was $118.38/sf.
- The average days on market was 86… up from 49 in December.
- 9 of the 16 sales (or roughly 56%) were new construction.
February is not typically a strong month for Nolensville real estate sales, and I’m not anticipating that changing this year. Look at how February sales stats panned out in Nolensville the past few years:
- February 2011 – 9
- February 2012 – 16
- February 2013 – 22
- February 2014 – 24
In March, though, Nolensville real estate historically picks up a good bit. Check out these closing sales figures:
- March 2011 – 24
- March 2012 – 26
- March 2013 – 37
- March 2014 – 28
We’ll talk a little more about this in one of my next blogs. Until then – happy Monday!
I’m a Nolensville TN resident… I’m a Nolensville TN Realtor®… and I always offer a complimentary, no commitment, no pressure Comparative Market Analysis for my neighbors. Please let me know how I may assist you in the sale or purchase of a Nolensville property.
Note: The above information cites Williamson County sales data for Nolensville, Tennessee. There are, of course, a handful of Nolensville properties that also exist in Davidson and Rutherford counties, but for the purpose of this article I am focusing on Williamson County since a majority of Nolensville addresses fall within this geographic area.